Whether it’s Binance, BitBNS or any crypto exchange, users will be able to integrate the crypto exchange on the Binocs platform to calculate their crypto taxes.
How do you integrate crypto exchanges to calculate taxes on Binocs?
- Visit https://app.binocs.co/login to log in or signup on to the Binocs app
- Users can log in with their user credentials or choose the option Login with Google (Log in with google can also help you Sign up)
- Once you sign in, the interface will direct you to > Connect a wallet/exchange page
- Click on the drop-down list and select the cryptocurrency exchange they wish to integrate with
Connecting via API
- Go to your Exchange account and create a read only API key.
- The option to create the API key is generally in the profile section of the account on the top right corner.
- Before you can create the API key, you might have to enable 2 factor authentication (2FA).
- Once you click on the 'Create API key', you will get the option to select the 'Read only' permission for the API. Please select only the 'Read only' option.
- The API key will be saved with some name. You can use 'Binocs Tax' or any other name of your choice.
- Once the API key and secret is generated, please save the same in some doc which is privy to you. Also, copy paste the API and key here.
- Go to your Gateio account and download the transaction history CSV.
- The transaction history CSV is generally part of the dashboard or overview on the top right corner.
- It's possible that the transaction history is separate for deposits, withdrawals, spot trades, margin trades etc. Please consolidate the CSVs in different tabs of a single CSV and upload it here.
Your Binocs account will sync with the exchange transactions. Please allow us some time for this step. If you need any help, please reach out at email@example.com